(see here http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/35243_Why_I_Parted_Ways_With_The_Right)
to revise it slightly to show how it could also be applied to the problems on the left:
1. Support for fascists, both in America, Europe and in the Middle East. (How can anyone side with Hamas?)
2. Support for bigotry and racial hatred, as long as it's against whites. (How can anyone think the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation in Philadelphia was OK?)
3. Support for throwing women back into the Dark Ages, and general religious fanaticism ( How can anyone use cultural relativism to defend practices like female genital mutilation or forcing women to wear burkhas?)
4. Support for anti-science bad craziness (How can anyone continue to defend the bad science coming out of the Climate Change movement?)
5. Support for heterophobic bigotry (When are they going to admit that children do best in their biological two parent family?)
6. Support for anti-government lunacy (How can anyone think Holder's idea for the trial of KSM makes any sense? )
7. Support for conspiracy theories and hate speech (9/11 Truthers, etc.)
8. A left-wing blogosphere that is almost universally dominated by raging hate speech
9. Anti-Christian bigotry that goes far beyond simply criticizing extremists, into dismissal of the beliefs of about half the population of the country.
10. Hatred for Republican politicians that goes far beyond simply criticizing their policies, into racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories
And much, much more. The American left wing has gone off the rails, into the bushes, and off the cliff.
I won’t be going over the cliff with them.
I'll try to update this with more links.
Hat Tip to Jihad Watch for drawing my attention to this.