Saturday, October 4, 2008

More dreams about Sarah Palin

As you may recall, the Huffington Post posted a piece by Eve Ensler that began with her dream of Sarah Palin. It turns out that Slate's editor, David Plotz, has also posted a piece about dreams of Sarah Palin:
I rarely remember my dreams, but for the past week, GOP vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin has been haunting me. Night after night, she appears in my dreams, always as a scolding, ominous figure.
When I mentioned my Palin dreams to Slate colleagues, they volunteered their own. One Obama-supporting colleague dreamed she had urged her young son to kill Palin with a string bean. Another dreamed she was at a fashion show and Palin served her crème fraîche on little scooped corn chips. A third says, "In the Sarah Palin dream I keep having, she has superhuman powers but is not really a person at all. In fact, she is more like the weather with glasses and an up-do, pushing clouds around and pitching lightning bolts."

Plotz is requesting that readers submit their own dreams. I am not sure what he has received by email, but there is one dream posted in the comments to his article:
So whatever it was I have actualy dreamed, I don't actualy remember. What I do remember is that I woke up with a totaly different feeling for her then I actulay have in real life. In the real life I think she would make a pathetic VP and the worst president ever, now and next year and in four years, and in 10000 years because she proved to be both silly and mean. The feeling I woke up with however, was that she was actualy very nice... I think in my dream I must have been one of her kids or someting and she was sweet and kind to me and gentle and very protective. I felt a bit like a baby chick under his hatching hen...

At first when I red David's invitation to write our dreams about her I thought that I have nothing to say since I don't actualy remember anything that can be narrated. But then I thought more about it... I believe it could be relevant however regarding what makes her fans adore her, beyond the fact that she is a lot like them. Those people that are so childish and naive and feel so unprotected and long for a mommy that would tell them "it's ok, baby, don't worry, mommy will look after everything, mommy has solutions for everything, it's ok...! All will go good, dear, just... "trust and obey" " as one of those hymns goes... And if there is something nice about her is that she really seem to be one of those "hatching hen" kind of mother... But this may help with one, two, five, 12 kids... When it is about so many, I still believe that a smart dad may be a better solution...:)

No comments: